Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Butcher attends to the meat preparation needs of guests: selection, advice, butchering, weighing, band saw, grind and packaging. Directly reports to the Meat/Fish Counter Manager.
- Assists guests with meat selection and shares knowledge of preparation and cooking techniques
- Chops, dices, slices, grinds and cuts on band saw or otherwise butcher s meats according to guest instructions
- Weighs, labels and packages meats
- Displays and stores food in the appropriate temperature conditions as per Department of Health standards
- Stocks counter neatly, accurately and in a timely manner as per pricing menu and promptly informs management when meat quantities or supplies are low
- Cleans work station thoroughly
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working with fresh meat
- Experience in a high-volume retail environment preferred
- Ability to work with commercial butchering equipment including band saw, knives, hand tools, etc.
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours and lift up to 50 lbs.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
More detail about Eataly Boston part of Eataly USA, please visit
Associated topics: baker, banquet, chef, chocolate, dining room, food preparation, food processing, meat, pastry, vegetable