The Partners eCare (PeC) Director of Inpatient Medical Services is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of clinical content development and maintenance activities for Partners eCare in relation to Inpatient Medical, Surgical and Specialty practice. The PeC Director of Inpatient Medical Services reports to the Associate Chief Medical Information Officer and in combination with the Director for of Ambulatory Medical Services and the Director of Nursing Services co-leads the clinical oversight of the creation, maintenance, and implementation of clinical content for Partners eCare.
The Director of Inpatient Medical Services directs and/or collaborates with various Partners eCare design, build and implementation teams in the creation and maintenance of clinical content for Partners eCare, and ensures that clinicians and clinical groups across Partners Healthcare are appropriately represented and actively participate in Partners eCare Inpatient content development and maintenance activities.
The Director for Inpatient Medical Services for Clinical Content will be an active member of the Partners eCare Clinical Content Committee, which is comprised of members representing a wide range of clinical areas and is responsible for the oversight of eCare Clinical Content.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as Clinical Business Owner for pertinent Partners eCare application teams Leads the identification, selection, and recruitment of Clinical Content Consensus Groups and assists in the identification of Expert Panel Members (Subject matter Experts, SMEs) in the Inpatient domain * Manages the content development and revision work of multiple concurrent Clinical Content Consensus Groups ? Takes responsibility for the success of Inpatient clinical content development and maintenance for Partners eCare. * Provides clinical leadership, coordination, and direction to complete the assigned clinical content project team tasks, produces the required deliverables, and ensures the team meets the relevant Inpatient Partners eCare project milestones. * Identifies, tracks and resolves issues and interacts with other Partners eCare members to address problems. * Collaborates with the Associate CMIO, the other Directors of Medical Services, Application Team Program Directors and Application Managers, as well as clinicians and operational leaders from across Partners Healthcare. * Leads collaboration with other Partners clinical content generating bodies. * Collaborates with other Partners eCare teams to ensure clinical validity and relevance of materials provided * Ongoing direct patient care activities possible, maximum of approximately 20-25% of time. * Mentor, coach and support the career development of clinical informatics team members * Other responsibilities as determined by the Associate Chief Medical Information Officer\\ ? Respected leader (MD or DO) with at least 5 years management experience and experience managing complex projects * Consensus GroupsPrefer at least 2-years' experience in a CMIO, Associate CMIO or similar leadership role * Experience with clinical content development. * Experience managing multiple large projects and project teams. * Experience with chairing and facilitating committees. * Experience with clinical informatics desirable
* Expert level knowledge of clinical operations and related business processes. * Strong knowledge of clinical care processes across disciplines and across the care continuum. * Knowledge of clinical informatics preferred. * Ability to drive (achieve) results with a diverse group of clinicians and senior administrators, * Expertise in program and project management. * Outstanding leadership and mentorship skills. * Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, maintain, motivate, and manage relationships in a highly complex and changing environment. * Superb management skills enabling the supervision of multiple direct reports and multiple expert panels * Adept at building consensus on sensitive issues. * Adept at partnering with and influencing senior leaders. * Exceptional communication skills including strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. * Skilled in negotiation with clinicians, administrators, and other parties. * Demonstrated ability to make tactical decisions. * Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems. * Excellent problem solving and organizational skills. * Strong facilitation skills. * Proficient with standard office technologies and software.
* Standard business environment with frequent local travel to Partners sites. * May require further travel for training.
* Direct Supervision of Inpatient Physician and Pharmacist Clinical Leads, CDS data analysts, and dotted line supervision of Inpatient CDS analysts (4-10 FTEs) * Collaborative support, with the Ambulatory Medical Director and the Director for Nursing Services for Clinical Content, of the entire clinical informatics (roughly 30 people) * Helping to supervise clinical consensus groups Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative officer, administrative staff, asso, associate, document, operation, operations director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.